Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilled Rosella

This is my first craft project for 2011. Was not in a mood to get back to my craft after all the travelling and too busy trying out all the new punchers and tools that I purchased  on my way back home. Now back to my normal lonely life, where it is me my laptop and paper,paper, paper:). This picture is something that got deeply rooted in my mind while travelling through  a forest during my vacation. We were travelling at high speed and could not get a photo of it but the beautiful tree in full bloom and the multi colour parrot stuck in my memory. It might not look at all as the one I saw, but managed to quill something close to my memory. The picture is 8" X 12" and quilled with 1/8" strips of A4 coloured paper. It took me about 16 hours to complete

10 comments:

WhiteRacoon said...

Wonderful bird! Love all the feathers =) And complimenting on your patience!
Great job!

SUGANTHI said...

Annie ! this is beautiful. Love the way you have shaped the tail.

Philippa said...

Beautiful, Anastasia - I'm so glad to hear that you're quilling again!

Inna D. said...

Very beautiful bird! Well done!

Asma’ AB said...

wow! absolutely beautiful :D i love the color you've used. especially for the wings :D

Dr Sonia S V said...

Mind Blowing!
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

kalanirmitee said...

You work is great. Loved your quilling. Beautiful creations..

Divya Deepak said...

I love ur quilling........it's awesome aunty:-).......inspiring too

If Looks Could Quill said...

I've never seen leaves quilled like that before. Would you mind sharing how you did that? I'm always looking for new techniques in quilling.
-Brenda

MARIUS IONUT VADUVA said...

Very nice !

QUILLING BY MARIUS
www.quilling-mv.blogspot.com