Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Quilling Ideas for a sprig of leaves useing a comb


 This time I have decided to show you how I quill leaves for various projects. When a landscape quilling is done, you need different types of leaves  to make the picture look realistic. This is one of my filler leaves. You may be using it too but there may be many who do not know and would like to learn how to do it.

You can do it with a comb, but hear I have used a plastic hair brush, used to tint hair(I have used a tint brush that comes with LOREAL hair tint product) . It is like the brush in pic.1. I have cut it in two as it is easy to twist the paper. Pic.2 shows how to pass it through the teeth in a zig zag pattern. Pic.3 shows, how to apply glue, so you could paste the strip of paper.4 is how the strip is turned round and glued.5 shows that you should press it hard till it is well pasted.  6. shows how the glued back looks. It should be very neat and well adjusted. When it is dry take it out, and it should look like pic.7. In 8 you should press down and flatten the glued strip.
Now make another one in the same manner. Glue both parts to look like pic.11.

You can use  it to fill in flower baskets and any other projects that need leaves.    You can also glue all the petals the way I have shown in pic 10 and create another leaf design, like  the 2nd one in the picture below. I will try to show you more designs created with combs as and when possible.  Add a comment hear if you need any help :)

26 comments:

Shalaka said...

WOnderful Tutorial....Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

I love this Anastisia, thank you so much for sharing. I am going to try this..... I have really wanted to know this method. Once again thanks alot.
Faith

SD pooja said...

Thanks a lot for sharing it.This is new to me and will surely try it.

chillin with Quillin said...

pics really help when explaining how to, thanks for sharing, I'll have to go out and find a comb like that !!!
Paula

Smita Satish said...

wow lovely..tutorial..shall try it soon..thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Awesome tutorial! Thank-you for sharing that with us! Do you know what kind brush/comb that is? I want to find something just like that.

Unknown said...

Thank-you for sharing that tutorial with us! Your quilling is amazing! What kind of brush/comb do you use? Do you know the brand or name of it? I want to use something just like that.

quilled paper paradise said...

Wonderful tutorial! You are so innovative! Thanks for share!

Hussena said...

What a wonderful technique...Thank you so much for sharing...I really liked it a lot! :)

WhiteRacoon said...

Wow! That's something very neat and useful! Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for sharing,will surely try.

kalanirmitee said...

Wonderful tutorial!!Thanks for sharing.

Meghna said...

Thanks a ton for sharing this wonderful tutorial.. Looking forward for more ...

ecstaticoverpaper.blogspot.com said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial. Definitely going to try.

Te4eto said...

Thank you!!! I love it!

SUGANTHI said...

WOW Annie. You are so clever, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

thank you so much for sharing this useful tutorial.
cheers..!!

KhushiG said...

Thanks for the tutorial Anastasia!!
It's so wonderful of you to share your knowledge and experience. :)

Nupur Bhatia said...

A very clever idea Anatasia! Thanks for sharing.

Anama Lily said...

What a wonderful idea to use this kind of comb!!

Thanks for sharing Anastasia. I will definately give it a try.

Love & Light ~ Anama

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks so much for posting this Anastasia. I will sure try to find that kind of a comb to make these springs. Love this! Absolutely love this!

Наталья Фадеева said...

Anastasia, many thanks for ideas!

Unknown said...

Hello, I can't find one of these brushes anywhere. I've tried using a single toothed comb but it doesn't work very well. Can you give me any advice please.

I'd leave my email address but everyone will see it, so I can't.

Unknown said...

Hello, I can't find one of these brushes anywhere. I've tried using an ordinary comb, but it doesn't work properly. Any suggestions?

Ghost_Writer said...

thank u so much for all the tutorials, very useful for a beginner like me.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial on the sprig leaves Anastasia, it is really very good and the sprigs are just great. Very much appreciated. :0)