Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Quilling leaves with comb part 2

 This is part two of how to quill a sprig of leaves with a comb. Most people don't have the hair brush that I did the earlier quilling but a comb any one would have. You don't need special combs for it. Any comb would do. I have used a very large comb so the instructions would be very clear to follow, but I have many combs to quill with. The fine tooth comb is best to get the leaves very close. I have shown the small sprig that I quilled with the fine tooth comb.

I have also shown how to cut strips of paper with a plastic ruler. If you draw a line on the ruler to the desired size you normally use for quilling and then align it on the edge of the paper(THE WAY I HAVE SHOWN), instead of how we normally cut the paper leaving the strip to be cut off, you can cut even strips with out wasting time marking on the paper. Hope you got it :).

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful. Thank you very much.

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful. Thank you very much.

quilled paper paradise said...

You are so brilliant! Your collection of combs too! Thanks for all the advices you have given to us!

Unknown said...

Great!!!! Thank you!!!

zofia said...

Świetny pomysł i kursik!!
Piękny warsztat:))

chillin with Quillin said...

thanks for the tips on the combs, like the idea you can use regular comb, and fine tooth comb works for smaller leaves !!!
Paula

SUGANTHI said...

This tutorial is even better ,and what a collection of combs for quilling Annie. Thanks for the tip for cutting strips since I hand cut strips a lot. With plastic scale though I cut into it so I use only a metal one.

sathya said...

Simply superb....Thank u for nice tutorial..

cheers,
Sathya.
sathyaart.blogspot.in

kalanirmitee said...

Great!!Thanks for sharing.

Gene and Charli said...

Your quilling always impresses me. I like using an angel cake cutter to create "comb" items. I too have a large collection of combs I use. Here
s a photo of the angel cake cutter: http://too-bad-dogs-inc.com/fpdb/images/Angelfoodcutter.jpg
Any time I see one of these at a thrift store I pick it up. they come in various sizes and teeth widths. The same with combs.

Pritesh Dagur said...

What an impressive collection of combs Anastasia and even more impressive is their use in your quilling :)

Suman Pandit said...

what a lovely collection of combs....and you weave magic with them!!
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

thanx for teaching a nice combing technique

Unknown said...

keep growing and keep going with the love from all over the world including me!!

alysiane said...

Excellent Anastasia ! I admire your talent!

Ashvnee said...

Such a helpful tutorial. ...thanks to you I learned smthing new in quilling today :-)